mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I Voted...

Privilege: a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most: the privileges of the very rich. A special right, immunity, or exemption granted to persons in authority or office to free them from certain obligations or liabilities: the privilege of a senator to speak in Congress without danger of a libel suit.



 Pledge of Allegiance (History)


"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."



It's a privilege to live in American. 

One of the best privileges this world has to offer.
Yesterday, I, with millions of my fellow Americans, was able to cast my vote in this years election. For a few minutes I had the privilege to give my "educated" opinion in a civil, respectful and mature manner. Yesterday our voices were heard; America listened.
Perfect.
I voted the other way yesterday. For many of us, the Beatles hit song Yesterday is now very appropriate: 
 Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday
.
I believed, along with millions of other Americans, that Mitt Romney could change things economically in this country. Not enough people felt the same way. In the end, it was an unbelievable race! But like all races there is a finish line; a winner, loser.
This race was no different.
The good news is that one man lost the race, not an entire country. We are all winners today because the best election process known to mankind worked. Some enjoyed the outcome more than others, but in the end victory belongs to all.
We have one choice now: move forward.
Let us now move on and support the man that's in office. Our country must move forward and rally around the mission of becoming less divisive. Let us as a country march toward a land that it's inhabitants believe it better to agree to disagree without being disagreeable. If we meet this challenge, and calling, we will become a better country, a better country indeed. We all must remember that Republicans and Democrats have far more in common than they don't. 
Let's support American
Let's look at this differently and realize that we must become one. We are stronger that way. In the end, both men are "good" men... let's support them both. Besides it could be worse, Al Gore could be President. 
I'm sorry... I couldn't help myself. 
Many of these words I posted on Facebook this morning. They were the first, and will be the last, comments I make on Facebook concerning the election. I don't know about you, but I want to get back to the roots of why fb was created for in the first place. I want to see who's kid made the all star team in "preschool", inappropriate pictures of women that are 45 dressing like there 25 and all the quotes from Socrates to Benjamin Franklin to Jay Z
I miss those days.
We are shallow people; Facebook reminds me of this fact. Let's embrace our shallowness, long live Facebook! BTW, Bryce made Honorable Mention (should've been 2nd team selection) in football this year. I will update you later on my other "13" children. 
Anyway, our country's election, along with Facebook, is part and parcel why our country is so great; so grand. Going forward, I hope our country decides to contemplate, and acknowledge, civilly our differences, embrace our commonalities and grow as country while doing both.
It's a process but we can do it... if only we choose to.
OK! I feel better. See it's not that bad. 
Our TV's are no longer hi-jacked by political ads, Facebook will once again become a playground for our narcissistic ways, and Al Gore wasn't elected President.
See, don't you feel better already?
I know I do... 
 
sbb 7.11.12
656
 

No comments: