mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Are you happy?

Happy: delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.





Now before anyone starts to think what I was thinking when I picked (I'm sorry, picked is such a poor choice of words. Two things come to mind: nose and butt). OK, where was I...Ah yes, chose, chose was the word I was looking for. When I chose today's title my intentions were not to come off as Oprah or Dr. Phil. My goal is not to bloviate about true happiness and how one attains it. Heck, I don't even know what color socks I'm going to wear tomorrow (actually a rarely where socks...I'm such the risk taker) let alone try to "pitch" someone on happiness. I do believe that I have a better picture of what true happiness looks like at 45 than I did at 25, but do we really know if we are truly happy?

Are you happy?

The reason I ask is last week I saw a neighborhood acquaintance standing in her driveway, with her Steelers sweatshirt on no less, as I passed by in my car. Upon recognizing her I slammed on the brakes, put it in reverse, and yelled out the window: "Steelers going to have any players NOT in jail next year?" To say I despise the Pittsburgh Steelers is a drastic understatement. There is no more obnoxious fan on this earth than a Steeler fan. Her reply was straight Hannibal Lecter. No emotion, no expression...just a steely glare and these four words: "we will be fine".

 Seriously, I was waiting for her to call me "Clarice".

...take note of the "bars" Steeler fans.

"We" she says...the last time I checked there weren't any 5'4" blonds on the team rooster. The only thing that drives me more insane than a fan using the term "we" is the 40 year old "guy" that wears his favorite teams jersey with some players name on the back. Grow up. 

Wow, yesterday I offended soccer nation, today its Steeler fan and 40 year old jersey wearing guy.

Anyhoo, as I drove off much happier than I am right now (Steeler fan immediately puts me in a bad mood) my 4 year old son, Addison, ask me; "Daddy, why are you so happy"? I thought for a moment and replied; "It's more fun to be happy". Not very profound, but very much the truth. 
 

  Addison Reid Bailey

Abraham Lincoln once stated; "most people are about as happy as they make up there minds to be". I agree. Every day the choice is ours. We always don't get to pick choose our circumstances, but our attitude is 100% our choice.

Again, not very profound, but very much the truth. Thanks Addison for reminding me that the choice to be happy is mine and that people really do pay attention to our attitude...especially little people.

What choice are you going to make?




sbb  14.4.10
494 
( Happy . Surface






No comments: