mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Saturday, January 12, 2013

99

Perspective: a way of regarding situations, facts, etc, and judging their relative importance. The proper or accurate point of view or the ability to see it; objectivity: try to get some perspective on your troubles.
 


If I were to go out tonight I would get up on the stage with whatever musical group was playing and I would sing, dance and perform with same kind of energy and passion as seen in this video featuring Al Green. Just like this. This is exactly how I feel on the inside. I feel so very blessed. Click on this.



As I turn 48 today I excited about the contentment I have in my life. I don't have much money, don't have a lot saved for retirement (or college) nor do I have a tremendous amount of material items. I have failed miserably in my life, but find myself extremely thankful that I continue to be humbled by many of the poor decisions I've made in my life. Like a book has many chapters, some of my chapters aren't pleasant or reassuring, but in the end those are just a few selected readings in my life that dramatically paint a picture of what happens when free will and poor decisions both run a red light at the same time and collide with each other. But, thankfully I was wearing my seat belt that is called God and that the air bag that is my family and friends was deployed, because of those two truths I'm alive and fully engaged in my life today.

There are too many reason I could list as to why I feel complete joy & contentment in my life today.

But the overwhelming facts are that my children are healthy and living out their dreams, and that each of them are evolving in their faith in Jesus Christ. 

They know who God is.

My parents are enjoying the winter years of their life and are being a blessing to those around them by living out their faith in such a powerful way everyday. I don't always understand them, but I do respect and love them. 

That in itself is a blessing.

Contentment resides deep within my soul because of my wife. God used her to save my life. At times I didn't realize it, didn't have much, if any, respect for it, nor did I choose to acknowledge it. I don't deserve her but God has blessed me with her. She is the nicest, and most forgiving, person I've met in my life. It is said that grace is getting what you don't deserve and mercy is not getting what you do deserve. I agree with those words and I do believe that God showed me complete grace and mercy when He gave me Ronnie.

I love her.

Finally, the joy that is inside me runs deep and lays in the innermost regions of my soul because I know God has a perfect plan specifically designed for my life. I know who I am, what I believe, and what my purpose in life is.

It is at 48 I finally realize what I'm to do with my life. I believe I've known for years what that purpose was, but it is now, at this specific time in my life I know what God wants me to do and I'm willing to follow that spiritual mandate He has for my life. I'm ready and I'm excited. I realize the sheer power MY LIFE will have because God will bless all my efforts that are aligned with His perfect will for my life. I will not retreat or be paralyzed by fear when it comes to fulfilling God's purpose for my life. 

He has blessed me with the courage to encourage others and to encourage myself. 

He has gifted me with a skill set that includes writing, speaking and the ability to be sincere and authentically transparent about my past transgressions and my past failures. I am who I am, warts and all. And it is because of those God given gifts that God will use them to aid others in becoming everything they are destined to become. I'm just a very small part of the plan, but I'm still part of it. I'm completely honored that my life has taken this direction and that God saved me from myself, and that He is going to use me in such a profound way. Maybe I shouldn't share those words, but I have complete confidence, GODfidence if you will, that God is going to use me in a wonderful way. I really do.

At 48 I'm blessed beyond measure.

I'm thankful for that truth.


I'm excited about the journey...


Below are 99 valuable pieces of wisdom that I will cherish and re-read the rest of my life. Jay-Z had 99 problems and now I have 99 answers; 99 perspectives, that I will review and reflect upon from time to time, and try my best to incorporate into my life as often as I can. The first 45 "Life Lessons" were written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer Newspaper in Cleveland, Ohio. Regina said; "To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written." 

I can see why.

The next 50 "Life Lessons" were written by Nancy Sathre-Vogel entitled: "50 Lessons I Wish I Had Learned Earlier."  http://www.positivelypositive.com

The last 4 "Life Lessons" are mine.

Learn. Grow. Enjoy! ... And thanks for the many Happy Birthday wishes. - sbb




Regina Brett: 45 Life Lessons

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step..

3. Life is too short - enjoy it..

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and
family will.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.

7 ...Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9 ...Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11... Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it...

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye But don't worry; God never blinks.

16 ...Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to be happy. But it's all up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special  occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will

this matter?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive but don't forget.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does..

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38.. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have not what you need.

42. The best is yet to come...

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift



50 Lessons I Wish I Had Learned Earlier, By Nancy Sathre-Vogel

  1. You’re stronger than you think you are.
    2. Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you’re one step closer to your goal.

    3. There is nothing to hold you back except you.

    4. You can press forward long after you can’t. It’s a matter of wanting it bad enough.

    5. No matter how much progress you make there will always be the people who insist that     whatever you’re trying to do is impossible.

    6. You are limited only by your own imagination. Let it fly.

    7. Perception is reality.

    8. Your instincts can be trusted.

    9.  There is only one question to ask yourself: “What would you do if you were not afraid?”

    10. It’s often hard to tell just how close you are to success.

   11. The only mistake that can truly hurt you is choosing to do nothing simply because you’re  too scared to make a mistake.

   12. Never let success get to your head, and never let failure get to your heart.

   13. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.

   14. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

   15. Do what you love, not what you think you’re supposed to do.

   16. Laughter is the best medicine for stress. Laugh at yourself often.

   17. If you want to feel rich, just count all the great things you have that money can’t buy.

   18. Forgiving yourself is far more important than getting others to forgive you.

   19. If you awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your  life today, you’ll often find that you’re right.

   20. Be nice to yourself. 

   21. For the most part, it doesn’t matter what people think. Follow your own truth.  

   22. No education is wasted. Drink in as many new experiences as you can.

   23. Making one person smile can change the world.

   24. Don’t forget to enjoy your journey! 

   25. You never know how strong you really are until being strong is the only choice you have.

   26. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

   27. You cannot change what you refuse to confront.

   28. Crying doesn’t indicate that you’re weak. It doesn’t always solve your problems either. 

   29. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.  

   30. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

   31. You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.

   32. Give up worrying about what others think of you.   

   33. When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you. 

   34. You have to accept that some things will never be yours, and learn to appreciate the  things that are only yours. 

   35. As Henry Ford put it, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.”

   36. Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to lose.

   37. Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go.

   38. You’ll rarely be 100% sure it will work. But you can always be 100% sure doing nothing won’t work.

   39. Don’t dwell on the past or worry about the future for too long. Right now is life. Live it.

   40. No matter how cautiously you choose your words, someone will always twist them around and misinterpret what you say. Just say what you need to say. 

   41. Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of good luck.

   42. If you are passionate about something, pursue it, no matter what anyone else thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.

   43. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.

   44. What lies before us and behind us are tiny matters when compared to what lies within us.

   45. Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.

   46. It’s not about getting a chance, it’s about taking a chance.  

   47. If it were easy everyone would do it. 

   48. Be vulnerable.  

   49.  A problem is a chance for you to learn.

   50. Regardless of the situation, life goes on.  



 1. Your life isn't a dress rehearsal.

 2. Embrace Micah 6:8... everyday.


 3. Knowledge is the knowing, wisdom is the doing.


 4. Read. Write down your thoughts. Write letters. They all make a difference.


Please watch the youtube clip below...




sbb 12.1.13
2177

 



No comments: