mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Truth Be Told Tuesday

Transparent: having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen.


"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." -  Romans 12:3


A good High School friend of mine has encouraged me to start a "Truth Be Told Tuesday" after I posted a sarcastic comment on why we only share the good things about our kids and ourselves on Facebook. 

At first I thought I was going to share something funny, but after yesterday's events in Boston I really don't feel like it. So with that my "truth" for today is that I often worry that my children will not be close to each other because of multiple marriages ( 4 moms and 6 children). 

Someone mentioned yesterday that people look up to me... not really.

Their ages are 22,21,17,8,7 & 3... looks like lottery numbers. 

                                        Christmas 2011                                         
 
Two from my first marriage, 1 from my second marriage, 1 from a former girlfriend and 2 with my current wife; the one I will be spending the rest of my life with. So there you have it... the truth is I worry they will not be close and when they get together everyone will act like visitors at a family reunion who meet some cousin from Virgina for the first time. 

So, what have I done to try to protect this from happening? 

What I've done is I have assigned one older child to one of the younger children for life (Logan 22 to Addison 7 - Austin 21 to Ryan 8 - Bryce 17 to Reese 3) I've ask each one to take care of and to look after each one they've been assigned to for as long as they live. That, and having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, is all I want, and hope, they do and have.

That is my "Truth Be Told" on Tuesday, April 16, 2013. 




sbb 16.4.13 
 359
Voices Carry . Til Tuesday
youtube
 

                                                                                     
                           

No comments: