mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Brothers

Friend: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?


"The Boys in a Pasture" (1874)
-Homer Winslow 


 "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
-Proverbs 18:24 



Below is an email I received from a good friend. We are part of a small Bible study  group, a band of brothers, that meets each Wednesday morning at 7am at the Joseph building downtown. Over the past 4 months we have seen professional promotions within the group, new marriages and spouses interested in knowing more about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We've also seen a newborn child pass away within hours of the child's birth, and most recently, one of our "brothers" has seen his new son come into the world with his wife being diagnosed with a brain tumor three weeks after the birth. She is currently on chemotherapy after what we hope was a successful surgery. My mom says that God reminds us in His word that it rains on the "just and unjust." Whether it rains or shines we will move forward serving our Lord and Savior, and growing in our walk with God. Thanks Ben for the great email and reminding me that he who has friends must first show himself friendly. I love you Brother.... sbb

 

Brothers,

It is such a blessing to have you here with me.  I appreciated the out pouring of support this morning. I am further convicted of my need for this prayer - the prayer for humility. I share it with you as promised.

I have added another person to the group email - Greg Bixler. He is a husband, father and faithful brother.  He is also the founder and President of Design Outreach and may join us next week.

I pray for each of you fervently, more fervently than ever.  

Ben 



Deliver & Desire

O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
From the desire of being esteemed, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being extolled, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being honored, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being praised, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being preferred to others, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being consulted, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being approved, Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear of being humiliated, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being despised, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of suffering rebukes, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being calumniated, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being forgotten, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being ridiculed, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being wronged, Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being suspected, Deliver me, Jesus.

That others may be loved more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. 

That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I unnoticed, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.



sbb 24.7.13
619


 

No comments: