mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Father's Pride (Vol. II)...

Pride: something that causes a person or persons to be proud: His art collection was the pride of the family.

Many of you reading this know how proud I am of my children. They are truly my pride and joy. Earlier this week I shared with you the goals my fourteen old, Bryce, set for himself concerning his High School football career at Columbus Academy. Below are the goals my son Austin, who is a freshman at Denison University, sent me this past week. 


Austin, Noah & Alex
(Senior Prom... side note Noah is Austin's roommate at Denison...cool)


My Collegiate Goals

Academics:
  • 1.      Earn a 3.4-4.0
  • 2.      Double major—international studies and possibly Spanish
  • 3.      Study one semester abroad in Spain
  • 4.      Go to grad school—Ivy League
  • 5.      Become fluent in Spanish by senior year
  • 6.      Semester at American University

Austin behind the plate...
(Senior year in H.S.)

Athletics:
  • 1.      Varsity letter as a Freshman
  • 2.      Sharing time at catcher as a sophomore
  • 3.      Starting catcher by the end of my sophomore year (Junior/Senior)
  • 4.      All-conference by my junior year
  • 5.      All-American by my senior year
  • 6.      Team captain as a junior and senior
  • 7.      Bat .300 as a sophomore
  • 8.      Bat .350 and up as a junior
  • 9.      Bat .400 and up as a senior

Austin... 1st day at Denison.

Personal:
  • 1.      Read Bible everyday
  • 2.      Daily devotion
  • 3.      Pray everyday
  • 4.      Gain confidence
  • 5.      Set an example for Christ everyday
  • 6.      Think about your actions
  • 7.      Let go of a past relationship
  • 8.      Be happy about something everyday
  • 9.      Become optimistic
  • 10.  Ask for help
  • 11.  Don’t be shy
  • 12.  Enjoy college
  • 13.  Seek internships 

What I said in my last entry applies to this entry. I'm very proud of the men that all my boys are becoming and I'm glad that they have taken the time to write down their goals. I'm glad they realize that their dreams only become their vision and destiny when we take the time to write them down and make them their goals.

I love you very much Austin and I'm extremely proud of you.


sbb   25.9.2010  
 395
(There Is A Way  .  NewWorldSon)  



No comments: