mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Father's Pride...

Goals:  the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.


Over the last month I have been talking about the importance of goals in a person's life with my boys. I've shared with them that whatever dreams they have that they can be realized if you make your dreams your goals. The only way you can make them goals is if you write them down. Once that is done you have started the process of shaping your vision for your life and ultimately your destiny. 

 Bryce last year vs. Bexley (8th grade)
(He rushed for over a 100 yds in the game) 


If you have read any of my past entries you can tell I'm very proud of Bryce (as I am of all my children). I'm proud of him because of the way he behaves and the daily decisions he makes. I'm honored to be his Father and to call him my son.

He is a better man at fourteen than I am at forty-five.

So with that being said I want to share with you Bryce's goals for his High School football career at Columbus Academy. His goals are lofty and they are aggressive but they are his, and though he might not achieve all of his goals, Bryce has began the process of seeing his future and shaping his destiny by writing his goals down.

I have mentioned before the direction we receive from Habakkuk 2:2-3 in the Old Testament, the scripture states; "... write my answer in large, clear letters on a tablet, so that a runner can read it and tell everyone else. But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."  

I believe every word of that scripture.

The keys are to acknowledge what you want to accomplish that is consistent with God's will for your life (that last part is the key...His will not yours). Secondly, write your goals down on paper, and finally, be persistent and patient as you try to achieve all your goals.

Bryce, not only am I proud of what you have already accomplished but I'm proud of what you want to accomplish in the future. I'm proud of not only who you are but who you want to become.

I love you.
  
#22
(JV game earlier this year... 3 touchdowns and over a 100 yds rushing)

 Bryce's Goals:
  • 3 varsity touchdowns as a freshman.
  • 300 yds rushing on the Varsity team as a freshman.
  • 30 tackles on Varsity as a freshman.
  • Varsity letter as a freshman.
  • 10 touchdowns on the JV team this year.
  • 800 yds rushing on the JV team this year.
  • 1punt return and 1kick return for touchdown.
  • 75 tackles on the JV team this year.



    Bryce's Col. Academy career "football" goals:

    • 3000 yds rushing.
    • 1000 receiving yds.
    • 50 varsity touchdowns.
    • 3 punt returns/kick returns for touchdown.
    • 300 tackles.
    • Starting punter before graduating.
    • 2 time all-conference.
    • All-district.
    • All-state.
    • Team captain.
    • 4 varsity letters.
    • Make playoffs every yr. in football.
    • Win a state championship.
    • 3 new offensive linemen transfer to Col. Academy over the next three years.
    • Be in the Columbus Academy hall of fame
    • Run a 4.34 in the 40 yd dash.
    • Top 5 grade point average on the team every year.
    • Division 1 football scholarship.
    • Bench press 240 eight times before graduation.
    • Squat over 40.
    • Weigh 195 lbs. by my senior year.
     
8th grade track... 

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 reads like this, "Remember that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you will win. All athletes practice strict self control. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who misses his punches. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

 Bryce being baptized last month.

Bryce I'm excited to watch you run the race that is called life. I consider it a privilege and a gift from God that I get to see you grow into the man that I could only dream of being.

You are a good man. 

In the song "Where You Are Going" by the Dave Matthews Band the song states;

I am no superman.
I have no reasons for you
I am no hero, Aww that's for sure
But I do know one thing:
Is where you are is where I belong.
I do know, where you go, is where I wanna be
.

Bryce, go forward and experience all of the dreams you have set your sites upon and with that advice I can assure you I will be watching because where you are is where I belong and where you go is where I want to be.

I love you... I love you very much.



sbb  23.9.10 
908

 

No comments: