mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rest...

Comfort: to soothe, console, or reassure; bring cheer to: They tried to comfort her after her loss.


This past Sunday Ann Rodgers ask me if I would post Vince Gill's song "Go Rest High on That Mountain" on my facebook page. I post a "song of the day" everyday but that day was unusual because rarely do I have requests. As I read Ann's little note she stated she wanted to dedicate it to her brother Todd. The reason for her dedication request was because her brother passed away two days earlier.

Todd was the second sibling she has lost in the last three months. 

And as I sit hear listening to Vince Gill's song I realize I don't have anything to say. I have no remedy for Ann and her families' pain, I have no insightful thought or so called wisdom to impart; I have nothing that I can, or ever could, say that would be worth saying.

I feel empty and my heart is saddened beyond belief.

I never met Todd or his parents and I know little about Ann, but what I do know is that I'm a father and I'm a brother, and I know how much I love my sister and how much I love my children.

My heart goes out to the entire family.

And after seeing the outpouring of sympathy and concern that Ann and her family have received I too realize that Ann, her family and Todd are people that are very much loved. I was encouraged by the wonderful display of genuine sorrow from others and was reminded how fortunate we "all" are to be loved by those close to us. 

In Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus say's,  

"Come to me, all who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."

Ann your brother was, and still is, loved by many. The same can be said for you and your family. And as I search for words to share with you all I can say is that my prayer will be for you and your loved ones to experience peace during this most difficult time; that you will find rest.



 "Go Rest High on That Mountain" 


I know your life
On earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
You weren't afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain

Go rest high on that mountain

Son, you work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and Son

Oh, how we cried the day you left us

We gathered round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the angels faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing

Go rest high on that mountain

Son, you work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and Son



 ...listen to the song.


sbb  12.10.10
516
"Go Rest High on That Mountain"  .  Vince Gill  

No comments: