mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kaitlyn (Part I)

Purpose: the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc. An intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.


miss Kaitlyn....


Last month on December the 2nd it was a special day in the Bailey house. December 2, 1995 was when my son Bryce Coleman Bailey came into the world. He arrived with so much promise and so much "praise". Everyone that saw him, everyone that held him immediately fell in love with him. So last month when he turned fifteen it was a special day. Bryce hasn't done one thing to disappoint those who love him and care for him.

In a word Bryce is exceptional.

So as the Bailey family began its day like most other days, with Reese in her highchair and Ryan drinking his milk, I texted "Champ" on his way to school to wish him happy birthday and tell him that I loved him very much.

About that same time my wife and I noticed a news report on channel 10 (WBNS) that there had been a single car accident in Hilliard involving a young girl that was throw threw the sunroof of her car. I immediately said a prayer and thanked God for protecting my children all the days that they have been on this earth.

The prayer was one born out of concern and fear; concern for that young girl and the fear that could be one of my six children someday.

As I moved through my morning with my day's purpose and agendas staring at me I received an email at 10:22am that read:

Please pray for Kaitlyn Staten, teenage daughter of Dave and Linda, who was in a serious car accident this morning. She was transported to Grant Hospital.  No other details are known at this time. Pray for her and the family.

Moments later my cell phone rang and my mother said that Dave's daughter was in a accident. The accident they reported this morning on the news.

I couldn't speak.

My mother and father have been friends with the Staten's for over fourteen years. They attend Cypress Wesleyan Church and are the proud parents of "seven" children; Kaitlyn is their second to youngest child and she is their youngest daughter.

She is an angel.

Kaitlyn Staten

I have known her father for over three years and talk to him often at church on Sundays. Dave is a good man, Dave is a Godly man. He has kindness in his eyes and his walk is easy. His walk is purposeful, but not rushed. You can tell he interested in you when he talks to you because his focus is on your eyes and his ears are attentive to your every word. This past Tuesday I met Kaitlyn's mother for the first time, all I could do was have my mom introduce me. I hugged her and as the tears flowed down my face I said, "I don't know what to say." 

She hugged me back and said thank you, and that she will be home soon.

As I write this piece with tears once again rolling down my cheeks I'm lost for words... again. I'm embarrassed for myself. I'm embarrassed for all of the trivial matters I have entertained in my life. I feel embarrassed for all of the useless confrontations I have been a part of, for the focus constantly being on finances and professional success. I'm embarrassed about the times I was selfish and arrogant, the times that I was the main focus and everyone else was somewhere down the line or last in line.

My life has changed drastically over the past five years, but when I look at Kaitlyn I realize how far I truly have to go in this journey of giving everything to God.

As I communicated to Kaitlyn on Facebook:

Kaitlyn you inspire me. Your inner beauty is so evident in this picture. You are a rare "bird"... you are just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. You are one impressive girl :)

"Kaitlyn & her boii" 

Kaitlyn is due to graduate this spring from Jonathan Alder High School. 

As I reflect on Kaitlyn three images come to mind. 

Beauty:  Proverbs 31:30 states; "Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last, but a women that fears the Lord will be greatly praised." To the human eye Kaitlyn is as beautiful as anyone could hope to be. Many could go into great detail concerning her physical beauty. Her smile alone could be described in one or a thousand words. Her smile is accepting, encouraging, inspiring, inviting and lovely. It is beautiful. But that smile is born out of a deeper understanding of who she is and who she will become in Christ. Her smile speaks to her confidence in God and that He is truly in control of everything. That kind of internal beauty is what I dream for my daughter. In the words of Ray Charles, "you are so beautiful."

Mother & Daughter 

Bold: Joshua 1:9 commands us to "be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Words cannot describe the emotion that is present in my heart when I see your strength and resolve in your pictures. Not only does your beauty shine through, but your courage, your boldness touches me. I once heard Anthony Hopkins say "be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." I know now what he was talking about. When I see you I see strength; a courage that I'm personally not acquainted with. I'm encouraged and inspired by your courage and your boldness. Kaitlyn continue to be bold and I can assure you that "the mighty force" will come to your aid.

...I got this! 

Brave: Bravery is defined as a brave spirit or conduct; courage; valor. Isaiah 41:10 says it this way:

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."

Isaiah 40:30-31 goes onto say: 

  "Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Kaitlyn remain brave. Be brave in trusting Christ. Begin to completely put your faith in Jesus Christ; He will not disappoint. He has a specific plan for you. One of His first plans was to touch me deeply and talk to me through you. Remember, He has a plan and a hope for your life; "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." 

Friends forever..

"There are 'friends' that destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother."
-Proverbs 18:24

I believe Kaitlyn to be beautiful, bold and brave. I also believe that God has a specific purpose for her life. I do not know if she will ever walk again, but I do know that she will travel farther than I could ever begin to or imagine. I have no idea if she will run again, but I do know she will be blessed with "God's speed and strength" in every endeavor. 

Kaitlyn I love you.




sbb  5.1.2011
1240

  

 

No comments: