mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Saturday, January 1, 2011

Psalms 46:10

Know: to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty: I know the situation fully.


"Be still, and know that I am God!"
-Psalm 46:10


There are many verses in the bible, 31,173 to be exact, that are very meaningful to me personally. There are many verses that provide hope for my family and me; there are ones that provide peace and security that we carry with us on a daily basis. But it is Psalm 46:10 that my wife and I probably cling to the most.

This verse puts everything into perspective for us as a couple and as a family.

The way I see it, you either believe that verse or you don't. Either God is a part of your daily decisions or He is not. As my mom says, "You can't be half pregnant" and if anyone is familiar with that truth it would be me.

At the end of the day, either you're in or you're out.

I share this because I don't want any doubt in my children's mind what their father believed in when they read these writings some day. I also shared it to encourage anyone reading this to take a look at where they stand spiritually and ask yourself if you are practicing silence and stillness daily in the presence of the Almighty, and recognizing the awesome truth that God is truly in control of everything.

I have no desire to be self-righteous and sit in judgment of anyone. My goal is not to condemn or criticize, nor am I arrogant enough to believe that my advice is gospel and that all should take heed. My true goal is to share with anyone who decides to listen that I know where I was at one time in my life and I know where I am now. And where I am now is all because God BLESSED me with His mercy, grace and forgiveness, and that very truth has made all the difference in my life.

If anyone out there is troubled and seeking relief He can, and will, do the same thing for you that he did for me. Your life can be fundamentally different, and better, if you seriously consider inviting God into your life.

My hope, and prayer, is that you do.

Happy New Year and I hope this year will be as rewarding as any year you have experienced thus far.


sbb  1.1.11
408




No comments: