mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet the McGhees

Gift: something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.




Mia and Rozonno McGhee
...and Rozonno Jr., Isaac, Josiah, Elijah, Madison and Olivia.

Earlier this evening my wife informed me that we were going to watch the Oprah show that she had recorded earlier in the day. The reason she wanted to watch was because Celine Dion was going to be on and Oprah was going to take the viewers on a tour of Mrs. Dion's 20 million dollar home on Jupiter Island. Jupiter holds a special place in our heart because every September we go to South Florida (I also lived there for about five years back in the early 90's) and while there we drive from one end of the island to the other after spending a day on the beach in Jupiter.

So being the submissive and compliant husband I am I said, "No problem."

Well it sounded good.

Anyway, as we watched the show we were in awe and deeply touched by what we saw.

After Celine, Oprah introduced a family from Columbus, Ohio to the world.

See the McGhee family had sextuplets on June 9, 2010 and to be honest I want to stop there.

I want to stop there because there are so many things that are going through my mind at this very moment that I really don't know what to say or write.

How do they do it every day?

How do they protect their sanity?

Who will pay for college?

And while I have so many questions, and so much admiration, I soon realized what I'm to say.

God is the awesome answer.

He will provide.

He will care for.

He will protect.

And He and only He alone will meet every need that this "special" family will have. 

What am I to say?

What am I to write?

Psalm 127:1-5 states:

1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
   the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
   the guards stand watch in vain.
2 In vain you rise early
   and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
   for he grants sleep to those he loves.
 3 Children are a gift from the LORD,
   offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
   are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
   whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
   when they contend with their opponents in court. 

Another translation for Psalm 127: 2 is "for while they sleep he provides for."

Mia and Rozonno, while you and your family rest tonight, and every night, He will also provide for you and your little gifts.

And finally, Psalm 139: 13-18 shares with us:

13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.


I really can't add anything to that... The simple truth is He is with us while we rest and He is with us when we awake.

And Mia & Rozonno, He will be with you and your family too.

May God bless you guys in a mighty way and in a mighty way may God bless you.

And God thank you for allowing me to meet the McGhee family.



  sbb  21.2.11
 670

No comments: