mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

5108 + 14,077 = Proverbs 16:3

Establish: to found, institute, build, or bring into being on a firm or stable basis: to establish a university; to establish a Medical practice.



5108 + 14,077 = Proverbs 16:3

Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
   and he will establish your plans. 
-Proverbs 16:3 


A year ago this month I decided to write with three goals in mind. The first goal is that I wanted to create something that would be here after I'm gone that my children could refer to. I wanted them to know what I believed and why I believed it. The second reason I began to write is because I wanted in some small fashion to encourage and challenge people to live above their circumstances and let them know through my transparency concerning my own life that they can to, if they choose, live better lives. And the third reason I began to write is because I wanted to encourage myself and to challenge myself to live out what I write and what I believe.

During this past year I have created something that will last many generations after I'm gone and while doing so I've encouraged and challenged others and myself. 

I will never be able to describe the feeling I experience when I receive an email from someone stating that they really needed to hear the words I had written; to hear people say that they are struggling and that my words made a difference in their day really made a difference in many of my days.

Create. Encourage. Challenge.

In the end that is all I want to do. I want to create something that will encourage and challenge the reader, and myself.

There are many verses in scripture that is written to encourage us and remind us that we don't have to live this life alone. And if I were to pick one verse that represents what mybabyroc is all about it and what I ultimately want every reader to be reminded of it would be a verse form Philippians:

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:19

God will supply us with all our needs... not greed's, but needs.

That verse gives me hope, that verse increases my faith and gives me peace. 

Philippians 4:19 encourages me.

I hope it encourages you also.

Today mybabyroc reached the 5108 visitor and 14,077 page view plateau. Mybabyroc has received visitors from as far as South Africa and India, to as close as Powell and Dublin. Every state, and over fifty countries, are represented in the 5108 visitors and the number continues to increase as you read this piece.

God has truly blessed this endeavor. I can't thank him enough.

Create. Encourage. Challenge. Those are my goals.

My dream is that mybabyroc will someday become a book.

"mybabyr0c: A rough draft"

That is my dream...

In closing, for those who have read a few of my pieces over the past year I want to let you know that I am not an expert concerning the bible, how to raise children or how to build a great marriage. I'm not an expert on moral issues, ethics nor am I an expert on how to be a friend or confidante.

The only thing I'm an expert on is on me.

I know where I was and I know where I am now. I know what my shortcomings are and I can recognize and identify with any strength I have. I know what puts me in the best position to succeed and what I have to do, or entertain, to become a complete failure.

I know me and I know that God has changed and transformed me... and I know if he can do it for me he can do it for anybody.

He can, and will, do it for you.

The middle verse in the entire bible is Psalm 118:8.

"It is better to trust the LORD
   than to trust in humans." 


It truly is better to trust him over anyone or anything. 

When we do we receive peace and rewards beyond belief or comprehension.

In the end He will establish you, He will establish me.

Unbelievable... it really is unbelievable.



sbb  16.3.2011
708




No comments: