mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bio

About: of; concerning; in regard to: instructions about the work.



Earlier last week I was asked by my church to write a piece for our daily devotional that goes out to 750 emails every morning. They also wanted a bio and a picture. Below is the bio without the picture.




My name is Shawn Bailey and I’m a very blessed man that has a wonderful wife and “six” beautiful children (5 boys and 1 girl) that I love very much. My children range from my 20 year old son Logan who is a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati to my 15 month old daughter Reese who will never date, marry or leave my side as long as “we” journey through this life together. As you can see, based on the last sentence, I’m in desperate need of therapy and your prayers when it comes to my “only” daughter Reese. In between I have a 19 year old son named Austin, who is a freshman at Denison University, a 15 year old son named Bryce who is a freshman in high school and I have my own version of “Phineas and Ferb” in my 6 year old Ryan and my 5 year old son Addison.

Like I said, I’m a blessed and busy man.

I have also been blessed to have a great professional career over the past 25 years being employed at Marion Labs, Johnson & Johnson, FOX TV and currently at International Paper.

I have my parents, Wittenberg University, and most of all, God to thank for providing me with such a wonderful professional career.

There is more I could tell you about me, but why. I'm tired and most of it is insignificant, irrelevant, and boring...besides 243 words are enough.

I will just end by saying that I find myself, for therapeutic reasons, writing about everything from "Chelsea Lately" to "John 3:16" (www.mybabyroc.com), and acknowledging the simple and awesome truth that my personal relationship with Jesus Christ has changed my life. I believe what Jeremiah 29 11-14 states; "that I have a future & a hope"...I really do believe it.

OK, I’m really done now… 313 words are definitely enough.


sbb  1.3.11
364 



No comments: