mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Monday, December 24, 2012

Someone I Used To Know - (HEAL - pt. 3)

Tangible: capable of being touched; discernible by the touch; material or substantial. Real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary: the tangible benefits of sunshine. Definite; not vague or elusive: no tangible grounds for suspicion.


 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.
-Mark 2: 1-5


Often we hold our best life in our own hands.
-art by Angela Hardy: "Tangible Pears"


Two days ago I began this series on healing with a letter I received a year ago from a person that was really hurting. She sent the letter with the intent of me writing something concerning her pain and the difficulty of the holidays. The piece I wrote last year in response to her letter was entitled; " What Are You Doing New Years Eve? " I was honored she wanted to hear my thoughts on such a personal reality; reflection. 

Below are the words from the same person a year later. 

The new perspective, growth and positive attitude that has taken hold in one short year is encouraging, wonderful to read, and inspiring. God can and does make a difference; a tangible difference. 

Healing is a journey; a long distance race; a marathon. Nothing that is good in our life or requires growth happens over night. New perspectives, challenges to old thinking, and personal enlightenment takes maturity, time, and requires a choice to be made by the person that so desperately wants a different reality; that wants healing.

 In the end, changes; positive changes in our life don't always have to be vague or elusive. They don't have to be a vision that doesn't come to reality or be just a figment of our imagination. Growth, improved circumstances and thinking, new perspectives and change can be definite in one's life. It can be discernible and capable of being touched. It can be measured and documented. Healing is a lot of things, but the one true thing healing is when real healing takes place is that it's tangible. 

Like God's love, true healing takes us to a place that we can actually touch the changed circumstance with our fingers and we can feel the real healing with our hands. Remember, pain and unresolved hurt doesn't have remain in your life forever. They can be someone we used to know. We all have the ability, like the paralyzed man in the book of Mark, to choose healing over pain; over hurt. We have the power to choose healing as a lifelong compainion and friend. All we have to do is ask God to heal us and have the faith that He will do that very thing. -sbb


 
Sometimes you have to take a picture in 
your mind of what true healing looks like. 
-art by Angela Hardy: "At Arms Length" 


God's love Is Tangible 

I thought about the letter I wrote to you about Christmas (I think it was last year) and thought I’d give you an update.  This year, I’m taking a different twist.  I’ve let go of what MY expectations of those who are supposed to be close to me but aren’t.  

It’s always a struggle to get together with family; the facade is almost strangling.  I had my own Thanksgiving at home this year; I cooked a great dinner all by myself.  That’s something I never do and I was very proud of myself.  

Christmas, I’ll probably spend at home too.  

I’ve got to learn to forgive my family for judging my daughter as she deals with her addiction.  Last year, just to make me happy, she came to a family Christmas – after she snorted some street drugs so she could handle it. 

I’m making Christmas presents this year to get away from the craziness of greed and unnecessary spending.  I’m seriously thinking about making hot chocolate and passing out candy canes downtown during the season.  


God’s love is tangible.

Healing is a collaborative effort.
-art by Angela Hardy 

I found the unconditional love of Christ this year through my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I was set free from not trusting people because of past hurts and I’m learning how to love through Christ, but loving those who’ve hurt me… I’m working on it.


It may take awhile, but at least I’m trying. 


The holidays are good this year, finally! 


God’s love came down to shine truth in this world and for that, I’m very thankful and will celebrate with love for Him.

You have a wonderful season with your friends and family.  I’m very grateful that we’ve crossed paths.



Healing doesn't have to be a negative experience.
-art by Angela Hardy: "Second to last Shot"



Email: part II

Don’t mean to bother you, but I also want to add that I don’t think that God has ever been so close to me as this season.  He’s giving me a love for Him and a strength to love and show love.  It’s awesome. 

 I’m enjoying this season.

Also, I’m am scheduled to go out with a ministry on Saturday to feed the homeless and am looking for people to pass out hot chocolate and candy canes on Christmas Eve at the sidewalk of Faith Mission.  


I just want to share with those that are hurting that God is with them.

True healing reveals the best you.
-art by Angela Hardy: "Ripple Effect

Jeremiah 29, the whole chapter, has been my “song” for about 15 years.  My life (if I look at it with worldly eyes) appears to be such captivity.  I’ve prayed for the place that I’m in and prayed for God to give me an understanding to seek peace in it.  I know, based on Jeremiah 29:11-14, that I will prosper in it and I have in a spiritual way.  

I would have never got this close to God if I hadn’t experienced what I have.

You don’t need to add this to a blog you post… I just thought if you were wondering about my Christmas I’d fill you in.  It’s a happy ending, Christmas this year is awesome regardless of the craziness around me.

Take care and enjoy Emmanuel J
Merry Christmas,



sbb 23.12.12
1189
Somebody I Used To Know  .  Gotye (feat. Kimbra) 




No comments: