mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fab Five...

One: the first and lowest whole number, being a cardinal number; unity. 


I love lists. There I said it. I have my favorite movies, actors/actresses, destinations, golf courses, and kids...just kidding...I love them all. I must say though Reese Olivia Christine can do no wrong. This little "cupcake" does things to me I can't even explain. I can't wait to see her everyday...it's unbelievable. Yea, the boys are doing just fine, but did I tell you that Reese is turning over and that she has memorized all the longitude and latitude coordinates for each state capitol.


In a word, she is "Amazing".

Reese


...told ya she was a little cupcake.


Anyway, before anyone thinks that this piece has something to do with Michigan's "Fab Five" or the Jackson 5 (that would be close) it doesn't; I like to rate everything and today I going to share with you my top five (actually, top ten) Micheal Jackson songs. My "personal" top five when he was black and my top five when he was white. Also, I can't talk about music without giving you my top five Sting and the Police tunes.


The first top five will be referred to as the "Soul Train" suite for two reasons:
  1. He looked like Don Cornelius.   

Don Cornelius

      2. And because he didn't look like Dick Clark.

Dick Clark


MJ's "Soul Train" suite:

 
5. Off The Wall
4. Billie Jean
3. Human Nature
2. PYT
1. Rock With You 

 
The second top five will be referred to as his "American Bandstand" suite for two reasons:
  1. He looked more like Dick Clark.
  2. And because he looked less like Don Cornelius.
  MJ's "American Bandstand" suite:


5. Dangerous 
4. You Rock My World
3.The Way You Make Me Feel 
2. Do You Remember The Time 
1. Man In The Mirror


OK...I'm too tired to give you my "fab five" for Sting and the Police; looking at all those images of Michael has worn me out. It was scary.


 
...Told ya so. At first I thought this was Liza Minnelli


...much better
August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009

sbb  26.5.10  (Number One . Pharrell  feat. Kayne West) .  361


No comments: