mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Saturday, December 18, 2010

Never Before

Unfamiliar: not familiar; not acquainted with or conversant about: to be unfamiliar with a subject.


Just finished watching "Crazy Heart"... that movie always does something to me. Jeff Bridges' performance was worthy of an Oscar. Every time I watch the movie it ignites this desire to write something musically. One of the things on my "Bucket List" is to write the lyrics to a song someday. Specifically, It would be a honor to write something that Sting would record... I know, I know, wake up. Anyway, this is something I wrote awhile back.


Never Before...

I can't explain what I felt the first time I saw you,
The first time we spoke; the first time our lips touched.
It was something I had never experienced.
Never before did I see someone in this way; in this light.
Never before did my heart scream at me,
It yelled go with it, embrace it and open up to it.
It was a never before feeling.

You are my never before; hoping you become my forever more. 
Don't want to be you're never again.

Unfamiliar ground has a way of shaking your confidence,
It's hard to trust what you don't know.
Sometimes it's easier to trust the pain than to trust the joy.
You give me a hope, you give me life.
You are my never before.

You are my never before; hoping you become my forever more. 
Don't want to be you're never again.
-sbb


sbb  18.12.10
244



   

No comments: