mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Facebook...

Friend: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.





January 12, 2010
Facebook entry...


As you just read Webster's dictionary defines a "Friend" as a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. I'm not sure how Webster would define a "Facebook" friend, but I do know the word "attached" would be in the definition. I'm attached to some of you because I know where you ate lunch today or what movie you saw this weekend. For others the attachment runs much deeper because of years of friendship or because you carry my last name.

The reasons vary why we become friends on Facebook or in life for that matter. For those of you I call a friend and for those of you who call me a friend I want to thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt over the years.

You watched me fail miserably and you remained by my side. Some of you have seen me be kind and generous at times, and others have watched me behave poorly and have known me to be selfish and an arrogant person. For those who prayed for me...thank you and for those of you who still hold me in high regard, I thank you also.

On December 4, 1983 I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior in a little church in Galloway, Ohio. That church was Cypress Wesleyan. Many of you had no idea because of the way I behaved over the years. From 1992-2005 I acted nothing like a man that had a belief in Jesus Christ. 

In 2006 I realized for me to be the man that God created me to be I had to change who I served. 

I had to stop serving me and start serving Him. 

Some of you have seen me fail in displaying the kind of Christ filled life I'm talking about since 2006 and to you I say thank you again for granting me the benefit of the doubt. Proverbs 18:24 states; "A man that has friends must show himself friendly."

Today, my birthday, I thought there was no better way than to be honest with my "friends".

Now before any of you start thinking that I've lost my mind or this is some "Jerry McGuire" moment...relax and take a deep breath.

It's not.

I didn't write this to make anyone feel uncomfortable, and if you want to laugh at me please go ahead...I truly laugh at myself everyday. But if we are going to be friends I owe it to you to let you know how God has transformed my life and to share with that I want to be known as your friend who wants to have a deep and meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ.

Thanks for the many birthday wishes and thanks for considering me a friend. - Shawn




sbb  30.6.10  
494





No comments: