mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In The Middle




I really don't know where to begin.

As I began this piece I realized that I didn't want to begin with a word and it's definition, nor did I want to pick a little "ditty" at the end of this piece with a youtube link.

I didn't want to attempt to write some quasi-interesting opening paragraph with pictures that would give the piece life.

I didn't want to tackle life issues or try my hand at preaching my beliefs.

What I did want to say is that there are 66 books in the Bible (39 in the Old Testament/ 27 in the New Testament). There are roughly 31,173 verses, 807,361+ words and 1189 chapters in the Bible.

And in the Heart of God's word, sandwiched between 594 verses preceding it and 594 verses following it are 13 words:

"It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in people."
-Psalm 118:8

I needed to hear that; I needed to read that.

So many times I put my confidence in everything but God. I have put it in relationships, jobs, past circumstances and another's word. I have put it in money, clothes, cars and games of chance.

I have put my confidence in position, power and prestige. I have put it in physical appearance, verbal ability and sheer personality.

And I have vainly placed my confidence in knowledge and intellect.

And with all of that there are times that I need to be reminded that everything I have is from God, and that every ounce of confidence I entertain in my mind and trust that is produced in my heart should be firmly placed on God's shoulders and on God's word, and His promises.

In the middle of every storm and every success, in the middle of every trial and every triumph there is God if I acknowledge Him and invite Him.

I need to be reminded daily that there is no storm to big and no success so small that He doesn't want to take part in; that there is no trial to painful and triumph to grand that He doesn't want to be acknowledged and invited in.

In the end, it is better for me to trust God than to trust myself in every area of my life.

No clever close, no famous quote...

Just wanted to share.
-sbb



No comments: