mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Saturday, October 8, 2011

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Life: the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.



Life sucks sometimes... 

 
Over the past couple of weeks I have found it difficult to make any sense of most anything. I have felt distant and lost spiritually; I find myself struggling with defeated thinking and have fallen prey to poor behavior. I find myself asking less questions and caring even less if I ever get an answer, any answer. I'm perplexed with the fact that past struggles have the ability to rear their ugly head anytime making one (me) feel that they (I) have no control over anything they (me) think, do and say.

And then I read an email that is part of a daily devotion I receive daily from our church, Cypress Wesleyan. 

The "Daily Devo" was written by a good friend of my wife and me.

She is truly a wonderful person.

Psalm 9:9-10 states; "The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."

Below is the piece that Renee wrote that is evidence of the scripture you just read. Bad things do happen to good people every day, I can't give you any explanation other than that's life.

And some time life sucks, but that doesn't mean your attitude and outlook has to.

And when life does suck God is right there with you if chose to invite Him in.

After reading her words for the hundredth time I realize I have so little to complain about and so much to be thankful for.

I really do... we all do. 

Today's piece was entirely for me... I needed to read Renee's words. -sbb (311)
 

Renee & Claudia

 
"Daily Devo" 

Why do bad things happen to good people? 

That's a great question. 

I guess you could say some "bad things" have happened to me in the past couple years. Whether or not I am "good people" depends who you ask : )!! 

I found out a few years ago that my husband was not happy and pretty much done with being married.  While going through the divorce, he lost his job. This meant no child support and recently the kids and I also lost our home. Now that I feel like I have had plenty of issues to deal with emotionally and financially, there is one more problem to add. My mom (the only family and help I have here in Columbus) has been diagnosed with a "cognitive impairment." This has left her with a lot of short term memory problems and the inability to help with the children. 


Grandma & Claudia

This is a big deal because she was the only caregiver we had for my son who has Down syndrome.  Because of his special needs, you can't just sign him up for any before or after school program or ask a friend to watch him. 


Mom & Elijah

My life lately has just seemed like one "bad thing" after another! 

God allows "life" to happen which means bad things will happen.

BUT, I find it so amazing that I have NEVER felt alone through all this.  I have hit rock bottom, sprawled out crying, sad and desperate, but NEVER, NEVER alone!  It is hard to explain, but I have felt God's presence no matter what.  I would not trade anything that has happened because it has been a wake-up call on my spiritual life. 

Claudia

I grew up with what most would call an "easy life." By this I mean a Christian home, loving parents, great childhood, and lots of friends.  I have always gone to church, always prayed for my meals, and said my prayers before bed. 

Until recently, I did not know what it meant to "cry out to Jesus."  And, now I do.  I feel so close to Him through this.  How in the world can I be at the lowest point in all aspects of my life, but want to yell out my car window . . . 

"THANK YOU GOD THAT I AM ALIVE AND FOR LOVING ME!!!"  

You just have to experience it!  The bad things that happen...  it’s just life.  

The good part is God putting His protective arms around us, never leaving us, and even turning the bad into something positive!  

Elijah & Claudia: Beautiful!


Two questions:

1. Can you share a low time in your life when you felt God's presence in spite of circumstances?

2. How can we, as believers, support and love each other through these storms of life? Name some practical ways and pray about who God would have you come alongside in your life to support and encourage.





Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter
Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter

Some day, yeah

We'll put it together and we'll get it all done
Some day
When your head is much lighter
Some day, yeah
We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
Some day
When the world is much brighter

Ooh-oo child, things are gonna be easier

Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter
Ooh-oo child, things are gonna be easier
Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter

Some day, yeah

We'll put it together and we'll get it all done
Some day
When your head is much lighter
Some day, yeah
We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
Some day
When the world is much brighter

Some day, some day, some day

We'll get it together and we'll get it all done
Some day
When your head is much lighter
Some day, some day, some day
We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
Some day
When the world is much brighter

Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier

Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter
Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter

Right now

You just wait and see how things are gonna be
Right now.



No comments: