mybabyr0c.com

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." -Proverbs 12:25
Midnight Blue (1963): Jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell featuring Stanley Turrentine on tenor saxophone, Major Holley on double bass, Bill English on drums and Ray Barretto on conga. Midnight Blue is one of Burrell’s best-known works for Blue Note Records. In 2005, NPR included the album in its "Basic Jazz Library", describing it as "one of the great jazzy blues records".

He said, She said...

"You are not designed for everyone to like you - Wise Man Phil


FRAGILE: Sting, Yo Yo Ma, Dominic Miller & Chris Botti


Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanks for letting me share this.

Still: remaining in place or at rest; motionless; stationary: to stand still. Free from sound or noise, as a place or persons; silent: to keep still about a matter.


Still I Rise
  

"Be still and know that I am God!" 
-Psalm 46:10

This past Saturday I wrote a piece entitled; "Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People."  After the piece was posted I was taken back a little by the immediate response the subject matter received. My facebook page was flooded with responses and thank you's for sharing. I indeed was touched, not by my words, but by the words of Renee and by the emotions, and perspective, that developed within me because of her words of wisdom.

Again, I was touched.
  
As I read each response and email there was one that I read before I went to bed that left me speechless, sad and with complete sorrow.

It was from a person I meet when I was a sophomore at Wittenberg and reconnected with a couple of years ago via facebook. 

She was wonderful then and she is still wonderful today.

Instead of commenting on her story, and her words, in detail, I rather let you read this courageous women's words and the two facebook messages that preceded her heartfelt, and poignant, letter.

My wife said it best after she read Becky's words, a women she has never met, when she said; "She's amazing."

I agree.

My wife and I printed off her reflections and put it on our refrigerator to remind everyone that will read it to be still and know that He is God.

Reflect, Be encouraged and Be still. -sbb (287)


 
Allex, Addie, Becky & Dad  


 Facebook exchange:

Becky: I read your friends devotional/testimonial, and have also been where she is, with a diagnosis of stage 4 cancer, i am amazed at the Presence of God in my life like never before. Adversity draws you to the Father like nothing else, I am blessed to know who holds my future....and sleep peacefully every night. Thanks for sharing!!!
Saturday at 9:53pm
  Shawn:Becky, I'm so sorry to hear the news and I'm so encouraged by your words, attitude and your faith. Please write something about where you are right now emotionally, physically, mentally and your faith. I want to post the piece along with a few of my words on my site. My email address is myvsuns@gmail.com. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Shawn
Saturday at 10:07pm


Thanks for letting me share this....

Well Shawn, if I may back up 5 years ago...

had a high-paying job, setting my own hours, orchestrating my busy family's life... busy, busy, busy....saying my prayers at night if I didn't fall asleep first, and having a fair amount of stress in my life, trying to do things my way...

at 40, came the first diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer... tears, fear, uncertainty all set in...my babies were only 4 and 7... why, why, why were my anxious cries to what I believed was an unfair God... "Can't you see what's happening down here, it's me, Becky... please, not me!"

 The family living life...

Surgery, chemo and radiation followed, and during that time, my priorities magically shifted around, as I eagerly sought the Lord's will for my life. I grew, spiritually, and finished treatment with a new lease on life... guess what happens when people get comfortable again?  

The need for the Lord becomes less and less, and you slip back into your busy routine, shuffling God around, making Him fit in different convenient spots in your life.

The busy work schedule and my manuscript that I was creating for my life started right back up again... except for maybe a few more thank-you, that-was-close-prayers, not a whole lot had changed.

 Attitude is everything...
 
I was still in charge of my destiny.

4 years later, out of the blue, with not even one symptom to complain of, a single tumor was found in my lung, a biopsy confirmed that it was the return of the breast cancer. Two weeks later, I had my left upper lung removed, spent 11 days in an ICU with 2 chest tubes... 

Husband & Wife

...and lying there, again, I cried out to the Lord, "WHERE ARE YOU?  WHY DON"T YOU CARE?" 

And very quietly, I heard His voice in the darkness, "Be still, and know that I am God",  without being overly dramatic, that moment changed my life. 

He was the author of my life's story, my creator, He loved me enough to send His Son to die for me, and He was quite able to take care of my new stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I clung to His every promise, read the book of Psalms, and the story of Job again, and have learned to put my future in His hand.  

I live everyday thanking the Lord for His Presence in my Life, I do not worry about what my future brings, because I can look past the earthly fears, and know without a doubt, that Jesus will walk this road with me,  "I prayed to the Lord and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears" - (Psalm 34:4).

Friends & family are important in every season of life.

I understand Paul's thorn in the flesh, "but my power is made perfect in weakness,,," I am weak, I need Jesus everyday, and I have now been able to actually thank Him for the adversity in my life, because I am such a better place than I was before. Self-reliant no more, I eagerly seek the Lord in every moment of my life. 

Thanks for letting me share this.  

The last diagnosis was last August, and I did chemo again after my surgery, and now, there is no evidence of cancer anywhere right now!  Praise God!  So, I refuse to let anxiety overtake my life, instead, choosing to let the Lord lead me, one day at a time. God bless you Shawn, hug your kids, everyday!!!  Becky

Mom & her beautiful girls... 



...No Becky, thank you for sharing... thank you very much. Shawn







No comments: